Monday, June 21, 2010

still recovering...

Brooklyn Bridge*

This replaces my usual Monday post. Last week I was able to travel to NYC where I visited my niece ~ REZ. It was an amazing whirlwind of activity all 4.5 days. Upon arrival her smiling face was all I remember of that crazy busy airport. As we rode back in the taxi to her place she asked me to list all that I wanted to take in and my list was long! As I read it off - stating maybe it was a little too much for the allotted time we had together, she smiled broadly and assured me "all would work out". As time went on I realized I was in the best of hands!
*my navigator
She plotted out each day showing me on a little map where we were going and all the things that were in that general area. While she has lived there less then a year I was constantly filled with astonishment as she led me throughout downtown by subway, bus, and taxi. Even though she grew up in a tiny town in Northern Colorado I could tell that she has embraced life in the Big Apple as her destiny, for now at least ! It was such a treat to see what a terrific job my brother and sister-in-law have done in preparing their oldest to meet the real world. The values and ethics they have instilled were so evident in action and conversation as each day passed. I am so thankful for the short time we had together and so very proud of the beautiful young woman she has become. Oh and in case you were wondering, on that last day when I rechecked my to do list? I was able to check off each and every single thing listed! As I think back on that fabulous trip I am filled with gratitude for so much:

*51-75



*



*
DSC_0089

*
DSC_0330
*
the sweet ties of family
*
DSC_0529
*
the vastness of the oceans
*
DSC_0584*
our freedom to worship
*
DSC_0422
*
DSC_0742
*
DSC_0440
*
diversity
*
DSC_0034
*
DSC_0374

*

DSC_0092
*
good music
*
sweet sounds of music
*
DSC_0194
*
DSC_0060
*
sharing a meal
*
good stuff
*

a cool summer evening

*
DSC_0375
*
beautiful artwork
*
DSC_0431

*
*
DSC_0036
*

what are you grateful for??









holy experience



No comments:

Post a Comment