Wednesday, January 20, 2010

focus/out of focus






Focus is the my word for 2010 ...It's funny how affirmations work... when everywhere you look the universe just screams YES YES YES You Are Headed in the Right Direction!!! I'm not really sure what direction this word will take me but I can't wait to find out! So today on the Shutter Sisters what does she talk about??? Well, focus! of course. This morning I started out my day with a wonder-filled walk around the 'hood. About half-way through it silence filled my headphones and my mind went to my journal. The cold wind hit my face and I could hardly wait to get home to express my gratitude on paper to just be!




focus on companionship

I just took this picture a couple of days ago... I love how while capturing the beauty of this hyacinth I can make out Phantom -our guard kitty - in the background... I'm so lucky with this charmed life I lead to have 3 kitties .. all rescue cats to keep me company in these cold days of winter.


And aspiring to take a photo a day thru this next year here is todays image:



DSC_0015

I like the way the out of focus parts of these 2 photos are still beautiful.






4 comments:

  1. Love them both!! I especially love the kitty one! Awesome!!

    Kelly
    http://www.ourordinaryday.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both beautiful images, especially the first one with the silhouette of your cat. Focus is a great "word" and it's a place I need to visit often. Otherwise I become too distracted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls... I ❤ my kitties and Phantom is very special. He takes his guarding job pretty seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Kelly thanks!! wonderful shots! absolutely stunning work!

    ReplyDelete